Program Building & Startups in New Markets · International & Cross-Cultural Team Leadership
Cross-Functional Project Portfolio · Technology R&D and Commcercialization
International, innovative business leader who transforms abstract ideas into strategic operational plans
through sustaining time- and cost-effective business development. Harmonizes disparate ideas and priorities among
stakeholders. Empowers and grows team members and creates a motivating and rewarding workplace culture.
Attributes: Analytical, Strategic, Disruptive Thinker, Evidence-Based Tactical Planner, Loyal
Strategic & Corporate Design: Developed startups from planning phase to
operation in less than 6 months while sustaining continued growth and development.
Cross-Functional Team Leadership: Recruited and led highly effective cross-functional, multi-cultural
teams of up to 38 members through creating an engaging work culture where everyone takes full project ownership
and responsibility with a sense of urgency.
- Secured $3 million in extramural research grants and sustained a $25 million US Department of Energy
- Led $1 million early startup funding round.
- Published 38 peer-reviewed articles and 42 proprietary technical reports
- Delivered thought leadership through 60 international conference presentations.
- Developed patent applications and new regulatory frameworks.
- Funding and manuscript reviewer for numerous national and foreign funding agencies and peer-reviewed journals.
- Co-founded publishing company and built multidisciplinary research group in Germany.
- Represented German Ministry of Research in European consultations.
- Collaborative leader of multi-national US/European research projects and of cross-functional project
teams spanning US and European labs.
- Language skills in German, French, Spanish.
Education: MBA in International Business; M.Sc. and Ph.D.