Program Building & Startups in New Markets · International & Cross-Cultural Team Leadership
Cross-Functional Project Portfolio · R&D and Commcercialization · Higher Education
International, innovative business leader who transforms abstract ideas into strategic operational plans
through sustaining time- and cost-effective business development. Harmonizes disparate ideas and priorities among
stakeholders. Empowers and grows team members and creates a motivating and rewarding workplace culture.
Attributes: Analytical, Strategic, Disruptive Thinker, Evidence-Based Tactical Planner, Loyal
Strategic & Corporate Design: Developed several startups from planning phase to
operation in less than 6 months while sustaining continued growth and development thereafter. CEO with technical and
Cross-Functional Team Leadership: Recruited and led highly effective cross-functional, multi-cultural
teams of up to 38 members through creating an engaging work culture where everyone takes full project ownership
and responsibility with a sense of urgency. Led efficient international project teams of up to 25 members applying SCRUM methods.
- Secured $3 million in extramural research grants and sustained a $25 million US government
- Led successful $1 million early startup funding round.
- Published 38 peer-reviewed articles (with over 1,000 citations); 42 proprietary technical reports; patents.
- Delivered thought leadership through 60 international conference presentations.
- Developed patent applications and new regulatory frameworks with State agencies.
- Reviewed applications/manuscripts for national and foreign funding agencies and peer-reviewed journals.
- Co-founded publishing company and built multidisciplinary research group in Germany.
- Represented German government in European consultations.
- Designed and led multi-national US/European research projects and cross-functional project teams.
- Language skills in English, German, French, HTML, Java.
Higher Education, Training, and Assessment:
- University Professor training undergraduate and graduate students up to their doctorates.
- R&D Director training new college graduates in industrial biotech lab and commercial processes.
- Assessor/Consultant assessing and developing business plans and operational strategies
and private agencies and startups.
Education: MBA in International Business; M.Sc. and Ph.D in Biological Sciences.